Josh Tyhurst, Owner/Broker,
CA DRE 02030410
Linn Tyhurst, Owner/Realtor,
CA DRE 02030411
The home buying process though exciting can offer many unforeseen obstacles. Here at McCloud Realty, we do our best to provide you the information needed to give you the clearest picture of the home you are buying. With over 20 years of experience in the local market, McCloud Realty is the best and only LOCAL option for real estate representation in McCloud!
As members of the California and National Real Estate Associations, as well as the local Siskiyou Association of Realtors, we are held to high standards of both personal and professional ethics and we take it very seriously to adhere by all regulations put forth by our governing bodies.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HOME BUYING IN MCCLOUD
Did you know that much of the town of McCloud is in the Flood Zone? This can dramatically impact the cost of Home Owner's Flood Insurance so we try our best to fully inform our clients who are looking at homes of this potential.
Buying a home is always an exciting process, whether it's your first home, you've owned in the past or you're purchasing that vacation home of your dreams!
Here are a few tips to get you started....
1. Find a local area realtor you trust to help you find the right property and guide you though the home buying process
2. Get prequalified! Use a local lender if possible. Don't take on new debt or have any sudden financial changes.
3. Start searching for homes online as well as giving your realtor a clear picture of what it is you are looking for. The more information you pass along to the realtor, the better they can identify a property for you.
4. If you are new to the area, familiarize yourself with the area you are moving to. Vacation in the town you're looking at to get a feel for it.
5. Contact the local Chamber and ask your realtor of as much area info he or she can provide. Make several trips to the area you are looking at.
Drive around different neighborhoods and talk to locals to learn more about the community.
6. Once you find a home to buy, do all of the inspections recommend by the realtor as it is better to know now than later and spending the money now could save you headache later.