Buying a home is always an exciting process, whether it's your first home, you've owned in the past or you're purchasing that vacation home of your dreams!
1. Find a local area realtor you trust to help you find the right property and guide you though the home buying process
2. Get prequalified! Use a local lender if possible. Don't take on new debt or have any sudden financial changes.
3. Start searching for homes online as well as giving your realtor a clear picture of what it is you are looking for. The more information you pass along to the realtor, the better they can identify a property for you.
4. If you are new to the area, familiarize yourself with the area you are moving to.
5. Contact the local Chamber and ask your realtor of as much area info he or she can provide. Make several trips to
the area you are looking at. Drive around different neighborhoods and talk to locals to learn more about the community.
6. Once you find a home to buy, do all of the inspections recommend by the realtor as it is better to know now than later and spending the money now could save you headache later.
Here are some links to help you begin the home buying process:
The home buying and selling process though exciting can offer many unforeseen obstacles. Here at McCloud Realty, we do our best to provide you the information needed to give you the clearest picture of the home you are buying or the current market you are placing your property for sale in. With over 20 years of experience in the local market, McCloud Realty is the best and only LOCAL option for real estate representation in McCloud!
As members of the California and National Real Estate Associations, as well as the local Siskiyou Association of Realtors, we are held to high standards of both personal and professional ethics and we take it very seriously to adhere by all regulations put forth by our governing bodies.
LINN TYHURST, REALTOR®
BRE # 02030411
BROKERED BY RAY ANGLE BRE # 01199780
Did you know that much of the town of McCloud is in the Flood Zone? This can dramatically impact the cost of Home Owner's Flood Insurance so we try our best to fully inform our clients who are looking at homes of this potential. Follow this link for more information and see the image below for flood zones.
JOSH TYHURST, REALTOR®
BRE # 02030410
When you're ready to sell your home, the first thing to do is call your Realtor! We can help walk you through the process and work on everything from proper pricing to staging and marketing your home to find you the best buyer at the best price!
Some small things you can do before listing your home:
1. Declutter! This is one of the most important things you can do to make potential buyers feel comfortable in your home. Remove all extra "stuff" including unnecasary furniture, decorations, and personal items.
2. Clean! Before all showings, make sure the house is clean. There is nothing that makes a buyer less interested than walking into a dirty house! Vacuum, dust, sweep and mop all floors. Make sure bathrooms, closets, laundry rooms, pantries etc are neat and tidy. Dishes need to be done and counters should be clean and empty.
3. Depersonalize! Take down personal items from the fridge and remove family photos. Seeing too much of the seller's personal life can make a buyer uncomfortable.
4. Take care of any deferred maintenance on your home and property.
5. Make a list of improvements and their costs that you have had done while the owner.
6. Increase curb appeal by making sure shrubs are trimmed, lawns are mowed and debris is disposed of.
Here are some links to help sell your home: