BROKER RAY ANGLE
CA DRE # 01199780
Try taking care of these things before listing your home for sale. It makes a huge difference!
1. Declutter! This is one of the most important things you can do to make potential buyers feel comfortable in your home. Remove all extra "stuff" including unnecessary furniture, decorations, and personal items.
2. Clean! Before all showings, make sure the house is clean. There is nothing that makes a buyer feel less at home than walking into a dirty house! Vacuum, dust, sweep and mop all floors. Make sure bathrooms, closets, laundry rooms, pantries etc are neat and tidy. Dishes need to be done and counters should be clean and empty.
3. Depersonalize! Take down personal items from the fridge and remove family photos. Seeing too much of the seller's personal life can make a buyer uncomfortable and have a hard time picturing themselves living in the home.
4. Take care of any deferred maintenance on your home and property. Replace burnt out lightbulbs, test smoke detectors, fix any small issues.
5. Make a list of improvements and their costs that you have had done while the owner.
6. Increase curb appeal by making sure shrubs are trimmed, lawns are mowed and debris is disposed of. If seasonally appropriate, plant flowers!
7. It’s never a bad idea to have a home and pest inspection done- that way you know what could come up and can take care of it ahead of time or adjust the price accordingly.
By being the ONLY local real estate office here in McCloud, we get a lot of phone calls and visits by people looking to buy property… in McCloud!
But we don’t just rely on clients coming to us, we actively seek them out!
Here are a few of the things we offer to our home sellers to increase the exposure of their listings.
1. One of the most important things we do when listing a home is picking the appropriate listing price. It's VERY important not to over or under value your home when first listing. Knowing the local market and looking at comparable homes lets us reach a good price to sell your home for.
2. We help stage the home and take high quality photos. This is SO important as most people that find the home on the internet see the photos and decide right away if it’s a house worth looking at. Bad lighting, poor angles, photos of cluttered or messy homes are a turnoff for all buyers.
3. We post our listings on our local MLS which gives all of the information to all other agents in the area. That way if they are working with buyers with a certain type of property in mind, they can have immediate access to our listing information.
4. We also put our listings on the Siskiyou County Agent Tour. This gives every agent an opportunity to come view the home so they can learn all about it and pass the information along to potential buyers.
5. All of our listings are cross-posted with third party sites such as Zillow, Realtor and Trulia. This gives the home exposure all over the world!
6. We are also very active on Social Media. We connect with clients through Facebook and Instagram and post all listing on these sites, as well as pay for targeted advertising on these platforms.
7. We post all listing HERE on our custom website! By giving each listing it's own separate page on our site, we are able to highlight each home and provide additional information and photos.